Monday, June 27, 2016

Target Dollar Spot

I finally built up enough courage go to the Target Dollar Spot! I've seen so many teachers posting all the gems they found and how they would use them, but I wasn't sure if I would find anything...because frankly I don't need anything! But I figured, hey why not just check it out...so I did! 

To my surprise I found somethings I didn't have, but I needed. I found ways to recognize my students. I believe recognition is one key to a successful classroom. Everyone loves to be recognized for even the small things, and that was the reason for purchasing the Student of the Week certificates. What I love most about them (besides they are budget friendly) was the blank spot for the reason. 

These awards allow me to find unique qualities for each child. We all have an Antsy Arthur who just tries his best to follow directions, but majority of the times he is unsuccessful. His route to following ALL directions just takes longer than others, and he may get overlooked when it is time to hand out the big awards at the end of a grading period. But what about the one week he just gave it his all, are we suppose to ignore that? Nope! Not with the student of the week awards! The student of the week award allows those Antsy Arthur's to be recognized, feel accomplished, and know that their route to following directions may be different...but hey my teacher sees I'm trying!  

The mini chalk board, well umm...that was just added bonus on how to announce the S.O.W. 

I plan to announce the student of the week on each Friday afternoon. The suspense will be high all Friday, but I think my firsties can handle it!




Okay, so my FAVORITE personal purchase was those markers!!! I stood at stared at those markers for about 2 minutes (but felt like eternity to my husband!) debating, do I really need these? Well, of course I didn't but I am a sucker for new supplies! So I can't wait to make anchor charts for my latest product...


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/1st-Grade-Back-to-School-Radical-Rules-Lessons-Printables-TEKS-Aligned-2610196

No comments:

Post a Comment