Thursday, June 30, 2016

Crazy Good Citizenship


Click pictures for price

I would venture out to say that I have a love- hate relationship with Social Studies. I love the content we teach in social studies, especially when I am able to teach and explain topics that are so brand new to students and their face just shows their interest level. I strongly dislike Social Studies when I am googling or searching Pinterest for fun ways to teach such abstract concepts, especially in first grade.


One of the first concepts we dive into in Social Studies is citizenship. Now this concept isn't tough at all, we are simply just teaching students new vocabulary and they are providing examples and traits on how they can be a good citizen. Easy enough right? I think so! 

I plan use my Crazy Good Citizenship for 1st- 2nd grade mini unit. I've also created a 3rd grade version as well! I can't wait to post this activity in action! Until then, I wanted you to see what the mini unit is all about!

Below is a detailed picture of the components for each mini unit. The mini unit should last for a solid week and it even has assessment for Friday!


1st-2nd grade mini unit is featured on the left and 3rd grade mini unit is featured on the right. Both units come with the vocabulary cards,  a short mini assessment for the end of the week, and "Steps to Success" to guide you if needed. On the "Steps to Success guide, there is a list of mentor text to use as well! I will be ordering a few soon!

In both units students are identifying traits of a good citizen, making connections on how they have shown those traits, and writing about them. The booklets student work in are mini books, you can print two to a page and save trees!

Both products will be 20% during the 4th of July Weekend! Stock up and save! 
Stay tuned...tomorrow I will be showing another product in action!








No comments:

Post a Comment